What I got from the videos with regards
to the core problems and causes surrounding education in America is that
everything is stemming from the government and its policies regarding not only
faculty but also school programs and things like that. I have personal
investment in this because I have been on both sides of the school system,
those that are excelling and seem to receive a lot of money and those that are
failing both students and the community. After watching Waiting For Superman,
and knowing that it has its biases, I strongly believe that the way the
American education system treats its faculty and its students is very
wrong. Giving tenure to teachers that don’t
deserve it and not allowing students to attend which ever school they like is
at the root of why American public schools rank lower than schools in Finland,
France, and South Korea. It is highly
important that we educate our children better because they are not only the
foundation of a great society, they will be the workers that will one day pay
for our Social Security. The last thing
our country needs is an uneducated and unskilled labor pool. America vitally needs an innovation when it
comes to public schooling, lest we fall further down the list of national
public education. We must remove
unneeded bureaucracies and red-tape from public schools if we want to give our
children a chance to succeed in this global economy.
No comments:
Post a Comment